Myriam Fox-Jerusalmi, a bronze medallist in the 1996 Olympic canoe slalom, is leading the way

Myriam Fox-Jerusalmi has continued her legacy as a canoe slalom athlete after a great athletic career by mentoring her daughter Jess Fox to many Olympic medals and setting an example for other female coaches. Olympic fans can buy Olympic Canoe Slalom Tickets from our website.

Being a pioneer is difficult, but Myriam Fox-Jerusalmi doesn’t know how to do it any other way. The canoe slalom coach, who is French, has spent her entire life at the top of the sport.

Olympic Canoe Slalom Tickets

After competing in K1 for France in Barcelona in 1992 and Atlanta in 1996, where she won bronze, Fox-Jerusalmi went on to build a prosperous coaching career in her chosen nation of Australia during the subsequent 25 years.

In addition to assisting Jessica Fox in winning 12 world championships and four Olympic medals, she played a key role in the development of the women’s canoe slalom Olympic program to promote gender equality.

According to Fox Jeresalmi, “there was just one event for women and three for men when I first started canoeing in France and competing.”

“When I went to Australia, I discovered that women were competing in the (C1) event on a national level while not being allowed to do so worldwide. Thus, when I began coaching, I understood that, really, why not? Yes, let’s participate in the C1 canoe tournament that was reserved for men.

“In preparation for that occasion, we began preparing young girls, and we encouraged ladies. We have fought to ensure that women could compete worldwide, and we have coached and inspired other nations and women to succeed. We finally had that event in Tokyo as part of the Tokyo 2020 program, where the IOC wanted to have gender equality.”

The women’s C1 canoe slalom event made its Olympic debut in Tokyo 2020, bringing gender balance to the sport for the first time. It was perhaps appropriate that her daughter Jessica won the inaugural gold after fighting for the competition and women’s equality for so long. Olympic fans can buy Paris 2024 Tickets from our website.

Olympic Canoe Slalom Tickets

With this triumph, Fox, then 28 years old, became the all-time best canoe slalom competitor. The Australian has won twelve world championships, silver at London 2012, as well as bronze at Rio 2016 and Tokyo 2020, in addition to her win in Tokyo. Additionally, she won a gold medal at the 2010 Youth Olympic Games in Singapore (YOG).

Her mother has undoubtedly contributed to all of her achievements. The relationship between coach and athlete is strengthened by family ties. Jessica and Myriam, who have an unusual relationship, have successfully created a rhythm that suits them both on and off the water.

Olympic.com quotes Fox as saying, “She’s a demanding coach, but she’s so enthusiastic and so dedicated. Sometimes when she shows up for training in the morning, it seems as if she wants to get out on the water and demonstrate how to do it for me.

“For us, on the water, she’s there trying to get us to do our best and reach that excellence level that she knows we’re capable of, and outside of that, how can she support us with our studies or with our work commitments?” said one of the athletes. “She’s just the most motivated, driven person to try and get the best out of her athletes, to push them to meet their potential, nd to support them in and out of the sport.”

Female coaches, in the opinion of Coach Myriam, have a special opportunity.

“We often say that women care a little more, but because I was a woman competing in the sport, I believe I can perhaps comprehend more fully and have a more thorough understanding of the athlete as a whole. I’m more concerned with the whole thing than simply the sport. I attempt to motivate them by being curious, encouraging, and supportive of them.” — Myriam Fox of Jerusalem.

She claims that coaching her daughter has been straightforward, but she has always taken care to treat her equally to the other athletes she works with.

Olympic Canoe Slalom Tickets

“I believe that our relationship is special. I am aware of when to assume the roles of coach and mother, particularly when she was younger. I used to say that Jess served as my test subject. I taught her when she decided to start canoeing since I could tell she was receptive, fast to pick up new skills, and a joy to instruct.

“She joined the national squad as a senior athlete while I was the national coach, and I don’t believe it was easy for her because I was worried about how people would perceive us. She was, thus, by default, incredibly independent. She wasn’t a demanding athlete; she was just observing. She didn’t become my lead athlete until she proved herself to be the team’s captain, but that was only after she earned the right to be in that position.”

Beyond their familial relationship, Fox thinks her mother’s contribution to teaching and the canoe slalom sport worldwide has been invaluable.

“She has, in my opinion, been one of those women that truly supports the all-around athlete. She’s one of the few female coaches in the world, so she’s always there as a mentor to other coaches to support women because there aren’t that many of them on the riverbanks and in the gym, so she’s there to help lift other women. She’s been extremely passionate about gender equality in our sport “. – Jessica Fox on Myriam Fox-Jerusalmi, her mentor and mother

Fox believed she couldn’t have asked for a greater mentor and role model.

I am so extremely proud of her coaching career as well as the lady she is and how she has ingrained her values, work ethic, and passion in me, our family, and how she lives them every day. She is a wonderful person in my opinion, and I am honored have had her as my coach. I am also grateful for the experiences we have had as mother and daughter and as coach and athlete.

Gratitude for her dedication to promoting women in sport

The International Olympic Committee (IOC) presented Fox-Jerusalmi with the IOC Coaches Lifetime Achievement Award at a ceremony in Lausanne to honor everything that the 61-year-old has accomplished in paving the way for female athletes and coaches.

Olympic Canoe Slalom Tickets

“It came as a tremendous surprise to me to earn this lifetime achievement award, but I am quite honored. I’m fortunate because I believe there are many instructors worldwide who equally deserving of this prize, “She stated.

“I’d like to express my gratitude to everyone who has helped me in my coaching profession. This honor represents the peak of coaching success in sports, and I’m incredibly proud of myself,”

She is aware that she has carved out a distinctive route in a field where men predominate. Only 10% of certified coaches in the summer and Winter Games over the past ten years have been women. By 2020, that percentage increased to 13%.

Canoe slalom has advanced significantly since Myriam Fox-Jerusalmi first participated in the sport, but she wants to see more people follow in her footsteps.

It’s unique because perhaps it now demonstrates that it is feasible and that coaching is now recognized as a profession because there aren’t enough women coaches in the world. — Myriam Fox of Jerusalem.

She has the view that seeing is believing.

“The more ladies we have at the top of organizations, the more likely it is that they will comprehend us and perhaps provide more possibilities for women. I’m not saying that men can’t do it, but I am saying that the more women we have, the more women believe they can enter these fields and that it is OK to be a coach, and it is acceptable because a door is open for them to do so.”

She also wants to highlight the constructive work that has been done in Australia.

As a coach, Fox declares, “I am passionate about our sport and want to support our athletes in realizing their potential.” “This award is unique because it not only recognizes my many years of service as a female coach in high-level sports but also brings canoeing and Australia into the international Olympic spotlight.”

TheTickte.Exchange is the best website for all sports and Paris Olympic Tickets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Olympic Basketball 3×3 in Paris in 2024

Kevin Durant Playing for Team USA Basketball at the Olympics 2024, According to Steve Kerr